Thursday, September 9, 2010

Update 09/08/10

Afternoon snack: pack of Pepper Jack crackers, ritz crackers with cream cheese
Pre-Dinner: left over kid's bean burrito, rice
Late Dinner: Frozen personal pizza, handi-snacks, 2 oreos.


The reason for the crappy eating is because I had to go to Stratford University to get a tour and pick classes, so I didn't get home until almost 10:00 pm. I didn't need the handi snack or oreos, but once I get started eating at night, it's hard to stop.

I have a new idea that I'm going to start doing hopefully on Monday. I want to start making my own version of a burrito bowl! I'm thinking of grilling some chicken breasts and using rice, black beans, guacamole, fresh salsa, a little cheese, maybe corn, and a lot of lettuce and eating that for lunch. The chicken, beans, and cheese are protein. The guacamole is a healthy source of fat. The tomato salsa is good in Vitamin A, C, and K, Riboflavin, and who knows what else. The rice is a carb.. but I have to eat some carbs. The corn is a vegetable and carb as well. Also, the lettuce is practically a free-food. I'm thinking that if I eat this at lunch time, it will fill me up for the rest of the day, and it seems pretty healthy as well. As long as I don't use too much rice, I think it will be a great lunch.

1 comment:

Heather Hawkinson said...

I am so proud of you for going to Stratford University. Good for you! The homemade burrito sounds delicious. I'll be right over!