Wednesday, September 29, 2010

That's what it's all about

Something that I realized tonight.. Changing your diet, changing your lifestyle is all about trial and error. There is no "fool proof" way in succeeding at weight loss. You just have to experiment and find out what works for you.. and maybe something that worked for you before won't work for you a few years later. I'll admit, I have attempted so many methods to lose weight, and these things might have worked for me, if I had followed through completely.

This time I'm going to try something different. I'm going to try and follow something similar to Weight Watchers. I'm not going to be exact with my calories, but instead I'm going to turn my calories into points, except I'm going to make my points simpler. So, if I eat something of 100 calories, that's 1 point. Now, if the calories are on the 50 mark or over, like 155 or 678, I will round up to the next hundred. So, 2 points or 7 points.

I'm going to play around with 30  daily points for right now. This number might have to change, but we will see how it works out for now.

Also, for every 100 calories I burn, I will get back 1 point.

I think this will be a little simpler this way, to not have to count the exact calories, but to kind of estimate.

I still want to keep certain meals in certain ranges. Like for breakfast I'll say no more than 4 points. Lunch, no more than 9 points, and dinner no more than 10 points. I'm thinking that for my two snacks no more than 2 points each. Then I will have 3 points to do what I want to with. Again, this might change. This is a trial and error thing, remember. I have to remember that too, because I easily get discouraged.

Another thing I want to do is to try to eat lots of fruit for my snacks. Also, vegetables will be zero points (besides potatoes and corn).

I gotta get back to doing my smoothies again. I think those helped me a lot.

Well, I plan on starting off on this new plan in the morning. Wish me luck and dreams of exercise!

Good night!

1 comment:

Heather Hawkinson said...

I agree with you Christina. You have to find what works for you. Sounds like you're doin it!