Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Exercise Problem

I don't know why I can start off doing intense exercise for awhile, and then I just give up. I don't understand myself. I KNOW that exercise is very important, and it will definitely help me lose weight faster. But, I don't know. I guess I'm crazy or something, because I'm always feeling lazy about it now. Remember when I talked about those rewards for my different weight loss goals? Yeah, well I haven't hit any goals because I am not doing an adequate amount of exercise. Duh! So, I was reading a couple of blogs and articles on the internet about rewarding yourself for doing exercise. I think this is what I need to start doing in order for me to drop some numbers, because I've been hovering around the same weight now for more than a few weeks. I lost that initial 10-11 lbs and the scale doesn't seem to budge now. It's because of that.. the lack of exercise.

In order for me to drop pounds, I have to do exercise. In order for me to exercise, I need to set exercise goals, and have a set SCHEDULE. If I have an exercise schedule, it will be easier for me to stick with it.

I'm going to be starting school the week of the 11th and I go Wednesdays and Thursdays, so exercise then is probably NOT going to happen. Every other day, however, I should be able to get some kind of exercise im. It will most likely be the treadmill!

This is a rough draft just straight out of my brain right now:

Monday, Tuesday, Friday-
  • 30 minutes treadmill 6:15 am (I have to start geting up early. I just have to!)
  • 15 minutes treadmill 6:15 pm (this time is subject to change.. It will be either when I'm cooking dinner or as soon as I get home or something.. I will figure it out)
  • 15 minutes treadmill 8:30 pm (this will be after dinner)

Like I said, this is just a rough draft. The # of minutes might vary in the morning, if I, for some reason don't get up on time.. or maybe in the evening I feel like doing more.

Also, I would like to start up again with my lunchtime walks of 1 mile. That will help me as well.

Ok, so if I complete 3 days a week of intense 1-hour total workouts I will reward myself. It has to be something small.. like a new shirt. Nothing exepensive, but something cute, affordable, and motivating. Clothes motivate me, especially if they are smaller and I can wear them. :o)

So how's that? This coming week I will plan to start. And, I'm going to keep an exericse log and fill it in. I have done that before and it didn't work but this time I will make it work.

Come Monday morning, I will be up between 6:15-6:30 am and I will get on that treadmill and do exercise!

I'm all set. But you know what this means, right? I'm going to have to go to bed earlier now.. :( 

No comments: