Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Withdrawal

I think I was experiencing caffeine withdrawal yesterday. I didn't drink tea or anything. My head was hurting and I was feeling so hungry... and so when I got home I ate some potato salad for a snack.

For dinner I had a plate of spaghetti, some spaghetti squash, 3 pieces of garlic bread, and to top it all off, I had a hunk of icecream cake for dessert.

I stop and think after I've eaten, and I'm like, "What have I done?" That always happens to me. I do ok-ish during the day and in the evening is when I seem to lose control. What can I do about that? It's like I try to be strong and have willpower, but I always lose.. I need help!

After dinner, I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, doing 1.34 miles. I didn't think that was satisfactory, but I felt lazy, and so I stopped there.

The scale said 250.2 lbs this morning. It's not really budging too much, and I guess that's a good thing since I've been pretty bad lately.

I drank a fruit smoothie for breakfast that consisted of strawberries, an orange, and a fruit cup with peaches and pears, and then some apple juice and ice.

Today, mom and I are planning to go to Olive Garden for lunch. I'm hoping that I can control myself this evening and eat a Lean Cuisine instead of a big meal.

1 comment:

Heather Hawkinson said...

I share your pain, Christina! It's so hard being good in the long, long evening, isn't it? I get my carb attacks at night -- those STRONG cravings for doughnuts! I know what helps for me is that I have a list of meals that I can have at all the restaurants that we go to. Like at Olive Garden I ask for light dressing on the side and take off the croutons. I think getting the entre you want and eating half is a good idea. That way you don't feel deprived. And it is SO very hard to stick to just one breadstick, but I do try .... sometimes! Think of all the restaurants you go to regularly, and look them up on the internet and type up a list of dinners that you can have that fall within your calorie range. That way you don't have to look at the menu to get tempted. You'll know in advance what you're getting.