Monday, August 2, 2010

The "M" Word

Motivation. It is a very powerful thing but, at times, can be hard to find. This is what everyone needs to get something done (whether it be to lose weight or to just get up out of bed every morning). I find that when I have motivation I do so well with exercise and diet. Being healthy almost seems to come naturally to me. Yet, when I can't seem to find it, I am lost, like a sheep separated from it's flock. Kristen's guide, an online motivational guide, seemed to enlighten me a bit when I stumbled upon it last night. It's very helpful. If I could just read this over and over everyday, it would probably do me good.

Anyways, I'm still at work. I leave at 5 pm. After my 1-mile walk at lunch I didn't eat anything else until around 3 pm. (a blueberry Chobani Greek Yogurt). I've been trying to tune into my belly and see if I feel any true hunger pains coming about. So far, NO. I haven't felt these pains. But, I have felt the "urge" to eat something. You know what I did though? I just poured me a glass of my iced green tea. I found out that if you add 2 Splendas to it and let it set out for about 5-10 minutes, it actually is GOOD! Yay me! I will definitely make another pitcher full tonight.

Something else that I'm trying to do is distract myself from eating when I feel the urge to eat. For example, browsing for skinny clothes (pretty dresses and skirts). I used to do this before when I was skinny. I would look at clothes and accessories. Fun, fun, fun! Gotta go. Blog more later!

No comments: